Tips & Tricks
Every year, a lot of people lose their mobile phones.
Last year alone more then 10,000 mobile phones were stolen in London.
Two thirds of the victims were aged between 13 and 16.
By taking these simple precautions, you can protect your phone:
- Do not carry them openly (keep it in your pocket or handbag).
- Avoid using your phone in crowded spaces.
- Do not leave your phone unattended, keep it with you.
- Be aware of the area you are in and the people around you.
- Use your phone security lock code or pin number.
- Property mark your phone with your post code and door number.
- Record your phone's IMEI number (see the IMEI tip).
- If your phone is stolen or lost report it to police immediately.
- Inform your service provider.